– White Papers BY THE CURVE TEAM –
We understand that Fixed Income is a broad and complex sector.
As experts in this space, we’ve created a series of whitepapers to help you better understand the fixed income space and the current economic climate.
Our most recent white papers are available for download with our compliments.
Bonds: An introduction
- Understanding the global bond market, which is bigger than the global share market and worth circa USD100 trillion dollars
- Why to invest in bonds
- The different types of bonds, from capital indexed to hybrids
- Assessing risk v return
- Understanding credit ratings and the determination of risk
- How to buy and sell bonds
Australian Interest Rates: An introduction to why they matter
- Understanding interest rates and how they are determined
- Why the RBA recently cut the cash rate and what it means for investors
- The spread between BBSW & IOS
- Other measures policy makers may explore to stimulate the economy
- Tips for investing in a low and deteriorating interest rate environment
- Market opportunities in fixed income instruments
The Power of Laddering: Lifting yield in a low interest rate environment
- Maximising yield, even when interest rates are static or falling
- Diversifying the range of credit instruments in which the business invests
- Broadening the range of financial institutions in which the business invests
- Diversifying credit risk
- Diversifying durations